Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I want to be a house wife/office queen.

I want the pretty skirts and the cashmere sweaters and the elegant but durable apron and I want to be used to wearing heels and pretty pink nails. I want to always have beautiful hair all done up and I want to be an excellent cook.
I want to have a garden with peonies, lavender, mint, roses, pumpkins, tomatoes, lilacs, and petunias.
I want to throw great parties.
I want to have something prepared for my husband when he gets home. I want my kids to prefer my food to eating out and I want their friends to love me and my cooking and my home.
At the same time,
I want to be a baracuda at the office.
I want to accomplish what people said couldn't be done and I want to do it in a pencil skirt.
I want to be able to do the math in my head and I want to intimidate my coworkers while also befriending them.
I want to drink wine at dinner meetings and have ruthless logic.
I want to have an office with walls of window on the top floor and I want room service with it.
I want to travel the world for work and fly first class.
I want to be so successful, that I can share my success with those less fortunate. I want to throw parties in support of breast cancer and MS.

Is that too much to ask?

1 comment: