Thursday, October 14, 2010

:*(

The intimate relationship the beauty industry tries to establish with me is freaking me out.
Not only does it bash you into feeling like a creature of the night in need of a warm bath and love, but it also promises to make you whole.

"I just want to love myself."
"We can do that."
That's a lie.

All they want is for you to try and fill those dark holes in your life with collagen and cover them up with powders and scrub them out with Microclear beads.

Lately I've been battling for self acceptance and contentment in this area.
I'm not getting help.
No matter how much I spend, I don't love myself more.
I'm not happy with how I look and those that search me out and promise to help don't have my interests at heart, they have my wallet in mind.

"How much are you willing to pay for self acceptance?"

Apparently way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment