Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Internal Revolution

I make mistakes and trickle out the doubt and clout.
I apologize a million times.
And one more time to lose the value of words and take away the meaning of my ill planned and ill manned mouth.
I'm sorry again.
I put my life first and think I'm a martyr.
I put myself on a pedestal and tell myself I'm worthless.
I contradict myself on a daily basis and feel neglected in the midst of your adoration.
(Notice how 'I' is the first word in most of these sentences...)
Come first.
Do your thing and lead your life and let me tag along.
Let me forget I matter and let me see that you are the amazing person with the bright future and stone hard drive that I fell in love with.
I want to follow you.
I'm sorry I've been plowing a path as if it's ours, as if you are merely my accompaniment and have forgotten that you have your own calling.
It'll be easy to stray when you're leading the way.
The sun revolves around the world, but not around me.
My world revolves around you though. Take me into your world and help me to forget I think I am what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment